❤ our submissions for issue 2 close on march 12th, 2021! ❤
thank you for your interest in submitting to our magazine! we cannot wait to read your work! patchwork lit mag utilizes a blind submission process in which our editors read through every submission without knowledge of who the author is. once our submission window has closed, our genre teams will be hard at work reading through every submission to our slushpile and selecting the pieces to be featured in the upcoming issue.
please read our general submission guidelines below:
- do NOT include your name in the documents themselves because we will be judging blindly in an attempt to eliminate bias in selection.
- we will only accept .doc and .docx files for written submissions. for art submissions, please upload your piece in whatever format allows for the best quality, but be prepared to make changes upon request from the editors (regarding scans, .png, mixed media art, etc.).
- you may submit up to two dramatic pieces.
- you may submit up to two experimental pieces.
- you may submit up to two fiction pieces.
- you may submit up to two nonfiction pieces.
- you may submit up to three poetry pieces.
- you may submit up to three visual art pieces.
- because our staff wants to represent as many voices as possible, we will only be publishing one piece per genre by the same author, if they are selected by the editorial team.
- do NOT submit work that has been published elsewhere.
- while patchwork lit mag does allow simultaneous submissions (submitting the same piece to more than one magazine), you must contact the managing editor immediately if your piece has been selected elsewhere.
- for detailed descriptions of each genre’s specific submission guidelines, please click on the corresponding images of quilts below. by clicking the image, you will be redirected to another page that will contain an outline for the genre-specific submission guidelines, as well as a link to a google form that you will use to upload your submissions.
- please fill out a new form for every piece you intend to submit.
if you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or editor-in-chief Amanda Pendley at email@example.com. she will be happy to reply to you quickly! If you choose to email the magazine directly, use the subject line “question for submissions”